Re: UML and installing sarge from iso

Benedict Verheyen wrote:
Hi,

i have installed several sarge instances in UML via debootstrap. Now i wanted to try it once via the netinst iso.

The problem is that my cdrom isn't detected and need to abort the install. This is the line that i'm using to start the UML

./vmlinux.2.6.9 devfs=nomount load_ramdisk=1 ramdisk_size=30000 mem=128m initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 ubd0=rootfs_sarge ubd1=sarge-i386-netinst.iso ubd2=/dev/cdrom eth0=tuntap,tap2

This starts the install but it can't detect the cdrom device
I then made sure i mounted the sarge-netinst iso from the cdrom and then in the startup sequence i could see that all 3 ubd's where detected however the install programs still insists that there is no cdrom device.
If i check with console in the install sequence i see 3 devices inside
/dev/ubd so the start sequence worked.

How can i make sure the cdrom is correctly detected ?

I forgot to add some important info: i took the initrd.gz from the netinstall iso by mouting it and copying it from the install dir on the cd.
I also get a message like this in the startup sequence of the UML:
Setting up filesystem, please wait ...
modprobe: could not parse modules.dep

modprobe: could not parse modules.dep

Starting system log daemon: syslogd klogd

So maybe the modprobe failure is the reason why i can't load the cdrom?

Regards,
Benedict

--
Benedict Verheyen                   Debian User
http://www.heimdallit.be            Public Key 0x712CBB8D