Re: move fr MS-Office to Openoffice

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:42:12PM +0800, Jianan wrote:
> Now that I have Openoffice working, what it the quickest way to move those MS
> Word docs and Excel spreadsheets over to Openoffice? Preferably, I would like
> to move over folder-by-folder. The 'File' menu of Openoffice only have 'export'
> but not 'import'.
>
> Would appreciate some suggestions.

What do you mean by "to move over"?  Openoffice can comfortably handle
the Microsoft documents.  Why not just use Openoffice on the files you
are working with and then save them in the format you want?

My wife is using Debian Linux with Openoffice at home and Windows with
Word at work.  She is a teacher and most of her documents are prepared
on Openoffice and when she needs to use a document at school she just
saves it in a format Microsoft can handle.  The other way round is not
a problem.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure,
      pressed down, taken together and running over,
      will be poured into your lap. For with the same
      measure that you use, it will be measured to
      you."         Luke 6:38