Re: Sarge i386 with AMD64 3200+ and Gigabyte GA K8-NS Pro (nForce3) ?

Hannes Mayer wrote:

Hi all!

As mentioned in my last thread "Which Dell Dimension", I'm now going
for a custom system.
Very smart move. Will have better performance.

I've got a very nice quote on the following system:
AMD64 3200+ (socket 754)
Gigabyte GA K8-NS Pro (nForce3)
I went win MSI board.

As I understand the AMD64 port of Sarge is still under development,
can I just install sarge i386 for the time being and it will run just
in 32bit mode ?
I stuck with 32bit sid for now. Runs great. Note: when I booted into sarge, expecting to have to redo alot of hardware related stuff, I was a bit dissapointed as there was nothing to do.. Everything just worked. :(

Are there any known issues with the  Gigabyte GA K8-NS Pro (nForce3)
motherboard ?

Dunno.

Thanks a lot & best regards,
Hannes.