can't get remote X access to work

Hello,

Here is a question about something I thought should work all by itself, but
doesn't.

Logging in remotely through ssh and have the programs running on the remote
machine display on the local X server.

I went into /etc/ssh/ssh_config and set ForwardX11 to yes on the remote
machine

I tried running ssh with the -X option.

I told portsentry to not worry about the 6000 port (on the local machine).

Only thing that is missing is the X configurations that tells X, on the local
machine, to take in connections. It seems that Debian calls startx with the
--nolisten option by default. How do I turn that off and tell it to listen?

I looked through the XF86Config-4 config file but did not see anything
useful...

Any hints?

Thanks.

Alex.