RE: php / mysql / phpmyadmin 2

You need to install the php4-mysql package

-----Original Message-----
From: Øyvind Lode [mailto:o-lode@online.no]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:54 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: php / mysql / phpmyadmin 2

Hi

I'm a Fedora user but I'm testing Sarge now as webserver.
I hope to move to Sarge but I'm stuck with a problem...

phpmyadmin won't start.
I have configured it like I wan't it and there's nothing wrong with the
phpmyadmin setup.

But when I point my browser to the url I get the following message:
Cannot start the mysql extension.
Check your php config.

What do I need to do?

-Øyvind

Just wanted to add that I'm using the following software:

Apache 2.0.53 (deb pachage)
MySQL 4.1.10 (deb)
Phpmyadmin 2.6.1 pl2

I now that mysql 4.1 is not "standard" on Sarge but I should work?