Re: How long 'till Sarge->Stable?

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:45:00 -0600, SigmaX <scottclansman@cwazy.co.uk> wrote:
> Roughly how long (In years maybe :-P) is it expected to be before Sarge
> replaces Woody as 'stable?'
>
> SigmaX
>
> --
> Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862
>
> "If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."

Debian does things the Debian way. If you don't like it than there are
other Linux distros you can choose.
The Release-when ready just is one of the strong points of Debian;
it's heavily idealistic and IMO that is the right approach to the use
of computers.

For the most solid idea I know of when Sarge will be stable, have a look at:
http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
It's this simple: Sarge will be stable when the green line first
reaches 0. I guess that would be around July/August.

Good luck making your own prediction!
Jouke