Re: Any linux log analysis software

William Ballard wrote:
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:16:02AM +0800, Lian Liming wrote:

By using that software, I don't need go through all the system to check a lot of log files with elusive words. After system crashes, when opening software, it may talk to me that "Hi guy, your system crashed 5 minute ago, and the Mozilla flash plug-in problem leads to that crash, you may update it". That is simple and easy to the normal Linux users.

First of all, you need to have a little bit of a "clue" -- all of these log entries you posted are normal -- noise. One generally looks for words like "error" or "warning" and then google's appropriate technical terms from that. With some smart searching, you will find a page where a human being has posted the exact same log entry and will tell you exactly what it means and what he did to fix it -- it will be exactly the "hey guy, here's what's going on, and here's how to fix it" you're looking for. Googling Debian bug report lists is usually helpful.

For instance, if I saw an entry like "process foo crashed" -- I would google something like "foo process crashed debian" and with some careful search usually find a VERY specific fix. It takes a month or two before you get the hang of it. You have to become to non-ignorant. That takes about a month.

66 years and counting...