Re: Ripping DVDs to HDD

Francesco wrote:
Rhys Hardwick wrote:

Hey people,

I am looking to back up my DVDs to hard disk, and was wondering what software was available to do that with Debian Sarge.

I have been recommended Vobcopy. Is there another peice of software better for this, and some piece of software for converting to ogm, mpeg, Divx etc.

I use mencoder (mplayer) both for rip and encode.

mencoder seems all well and good, but I can't install it for Debian Sarge. Can anyone help me through this?

 Rhys Hardwick

| rhys@rhyshardwick.co.uk  |  www.rhyshardwick.co.uk  |
| PGP-id - 0x0EACC0E8      |                          |
|       Windows: Just another pain in the glass.      |