Re: gnome desktop

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:13:15 -0600

> > You have gnome-core for the basic desktop and gnome-desktop-en-
> > vironment which will pull in gnome-core, gnome-games and some
> > other additional stuff.
>
> I don't think you are correct.
>
> In both Sarge & Sid, the gnome meta-package has as one of it's
> dependencies gnome-desktop-environment.  And one of g-d-e's
> dependencies is gnome-core.

<sarcasm>

Two whole hogs. (shudder)

</sarcasm>

Seriously now.

There was a stretch where the gnome metapackage was MIA I
see that is not the case now.

If you *really* want the whole hog do:

apt-get install gnome gnome-fifth-toe

That pulls in a lot of packages *I* don't want, but and can see how
others may want that. People keep giving me the excuse that hard drive
space it cheap.

Later, Seeker