Re: HP USB Mass Storage device issue

Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
Hi!

Ok,

I restarted my machine and I have the sd file now.  Specifically:
act:/home/atippett# cat /sys/bus/scsi/drivers/sd/2\:0\:0\:0/vendor
HP

Ah, interesting - I wonder why the sd driver needed a reboot to
properly insert itself into the SCSI drivers list...

I assume there's no need to try to rmmod sd_mod

No, if it's there now, I don't think that'll help.

I don't think the sd_mod should affect my digital camera as the sd_mod deals with scsi stuff (assumption).

Well, digital cameras are usually mounted just like any other mass
storage device (look at my log snippets: I attached a digicam ;-)).
And mass storage devices are mounted as SCSI disks, so the SD
(Scsi Disk) driver is responsible.

Still no dectection of the usb flash drive size in the syslog with the sd_mod

And still not mount- (or 'fdisk -l')-able, I guess... no other
differences in syslog output before and after sd is showing in
/sys/.../?

Regards,

Jan

Well I got the camera to work. When inserting the camera, it would it assign the usb to a certain bus and device. However, using gtkthumb I couldn't seem to see that bus/device. I went into /proc and saw that the file was created with group camera. I added myself to group camera and was able to access my digicamera.

Unfornately, this doesn't seem to be any help with the HP flash memory drive.

Interestly the lsusb gives:
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0a48:3260 I/O Interconnect
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 04a9:3048 Canon, Inc. PowerShot G1
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c00e Logitech, Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

The I/O Interconnect is the HP drive

Going to search on what I/O Interconnect is.