Re: What's wrong with debian?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:12:28 +0100, Jan Lühr <jluehr@gmx.net> wrote:
> So, you are saying, that the release process of sarge has been done correctly?

The process isn't necessarily the issue.  What matters is the product.
 I'm sure the developers have learned a lot during the stabilization
of Sarge, and will be able to release Etch with a much shorter delay.
If the process is flawed, that's no reason to release Sarge before
it's really ready.  Keep in mind that an entirely new installer was
developed for Sarge, and that the size of the repository almost
doubled.  Even with the best release process, and developers being
paid to work on the distribution full time, that's going to take
awhile to stabilize.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh