Re: Printing from thunderbird/firefox

Hmm,

# dpkg-reconfigure xprt-common
Stopping Xprint servers: xprt

But then I wait ~5 min. with no response before bailing out with ^C

Eric Gaumer wrote:

Martin J Hooper wrote:

Michael Friendly wrote:

I'm using gnome 2.8/debian unstable with the latest firefox and
thunderbird.  When I try to print, the default printer in my
printer panel is 'lex720@:64' and using it prints tiny (1/4 size)
pages one up.

using about:config reveals:

print.printer_lex720@:64.print_command   user set   string   lpr
${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P}$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

What can I do or change so that printing works correctly? With
mozilla, there was the same printer entry, with the same behavior,
but there was also a 'Postscript default' printer that had the
correct behavior.

Are you using KDE?  If so try changing the print command to kprinter
--stdin which will then run the KDE Printing dialog instead of using
the settings from Firefox...

I had similar problems but the reverse effect. My text was huge. I reconfigured xprt-common
to 300dpi and all was well. It had been at 600dpi.

]$ dpkg-reconfigure xprt-common

--
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
    - Albert Einstein

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly@yorku.ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.