Re: help needed with broken dependencies

On Monday 28 February 2005 07:55 pm, Dani Arbel wrote:

> After unpacking 73.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> dpkg: error processing kdeaddons (--remove):
>   Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>   reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>   kdeaddons

You could make a fake kdeaddons package with the "equivs" package, install it
over the problem kdeaddons package, then remove it.  I have done that in
order to get out of problems like this one.  That is if you cannot reinstall
and remove it as requested.

Here are some uri's for sarge source debs:

deb-src ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sarge main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib
non-free

You can change the "sarge" to woody or sid or whatever is on your system and
they should work.

--
sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com