Re: tft monitors -- advice? XF86Config's?

michael wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:42 -0500, Matt Price wrote:

hey folks,

well, after failing to make my last TFT monitor work, I returned it
for a fefond and thought I'd wait to hear back form debianites about
getting another model to work.  Has anyone gotten a 19" TFT monitor to
work perfectly with X?  Are you happy with the results?  And,
especially, could you be willing to post parts of your XF86Config
files (or is there somewhere else one hsould look for them) so that I,
and some of the other folks who seem to have this issue, can try to
figure out what's going wrong?

Yes, I've a Sony SDM-X93 and I recently posted the rel parts of my
XF86Config-4 on this very list

Michael

hey michael, um, I thought you posted to say you were having trouble with that very monitor -- anyway, this is what I find in the archives:

>> hhmmm, what's 'no mode of this name'?  Do I have to define a mode or
>> something?

> this is the same problem i've having, for a Sony SDM-X93 so if anybody
> knows the correct modeline for that I'd be mega-thankful

any chance you posted the corrected xf86config-4 somewhere else?

matt