need help setting up remote printing using _lprng_ under Sarge

On a separate fork in my printing setup project I am trying to
use lprng. In this case I get an error message while attempting
to install the lprng package on the client machine (big):

Setting up lprng (3.8.28-2) ...
Starting printer spooler: Fatal error - Cannot bind to lpd port '515'
invoke-rc.d: initscript lprng, action "start" failed.

I had seen mention of 515 sporadically under lpr, but was never able to
capture the message. This may indicate where my problem is, but I don't
understand the message. Where should I look to find more information?

Why can't the init. script for lprng bind this?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net