Re: ndiswrapper - Invalid module format

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:45:07 +0000
Joe Freeman <bitroot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, new to the forum. Just installed Debian after using Redhat/Fedora
> for about a year or so.

Very good!

> I'm trying to use the 2.6.8 kernel image/source that I got using
> apt-get. I understand that there is something built into the kernel
> that causes problems here?
>
> After using "modprobe ndiswrapper", i get this error: "FATAL: Error
> inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-686/misc/ndiswrapper.ko):
> Invalid module format". Taking a look at dmesg, shows this:
> "ndiswrapper: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module".

I know you don't want to mess up again, but I strongly suggest to use
Kernel and ndiswrapper from source, and not a precompiled one... well...
at least ndiswrapper.

I have succesfully installed ndiswrapper on a debian Linux without
problem... but from source.

Levente

__

E-Mail: leva@interware.hu
AIM: ha5ogl
ICQ: 48710903
MSN: ha5ogl@hotmail.com
Yahoo!: kieg_tk16
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.