ndiswrapper - Invalid module format

Hi, new to the forum. Just installed Debian after using Redhat/Fedora
for about a year or so. Anyway, I'm having problems installing
ndiswrapper.

I'm trying to use the 2.6.8 kernel image/source that I got using
apt-get. I understand that there is something built into the kernel
that causes problems here?

After using "modprobe ndiswrapper", i get this error: "FATAL: Error
inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-686/misc/ndiswrapper.ko):
Invalid module format". Taking a look at dmesg, shows this:
"ndiswrapper: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module".

Any ideas how I can get around this? I don't really want to have
another go at compiling the kernel - it never seems to work.

I seem to have a similar sort of problem to this:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=219 - but
the solution doesn't help as I don't have a
/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-686/extras/ directory.

I've been trying to use the instructions on the wiki:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/InstallDebianSarge
but trying that and the plain Debian version don't seem to help.

Any help would be much appreciated. Has anyone got ndiswrapper working
with this kernel?

Best regards, Joe.