blocking icmp, firewalls, ect...

Debian Users,

What is the best solution IYO to blocking ICMP traffic.  Comcast will get angry at me for running a web server, but I think Apache is the coolest thing so screw em!  How can I block port scans to my debian linux server.  So far my experience with linux firewalls is limited soley shorewall.  I've heard port sentry is a good solution, but I have not been able to find much information on port sentry.  If you could provide me with a link to some good documentation that would be awesome!

Chris