Re: Problem with my xfree86 - server

On Saturday 26 February 2005 09:10 pm, steef wrote:
> Helge Tore Høyland wrote:
> > I got this logfiles after trying to start xserver with "startx".
> > I've just installed Debian, woody-3.0r4 and would like to
> > get help on what to do.
> > My screen is a Plug and Play, StoreWell CPD-203FT, and my grafic-card
> > is GeForce 2 GTS

> <snip>
>
> in your position i shoud do as root #  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
>
> floow the instructions
>
> and      do    not   use        the kernel frame buffer device: say no.
>
> guess that will do it.
>
> gl.,

Wasn't there something wrong with the nvidia settings?  Doesn't the Geforce2
card use Nvidia drivers?  The config file loads dri and GLcore and it should
not do that and the "nv" driver should be changed to "nvidia".  This assumes
installation of nvidia drivers.

Here are the relavant parts of my config file:

Section "Module"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "int10"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Device1"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option         "nologo"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

I added the "nologo" option to save time, since I won't have to see the nice
Nvidia Logo every time I start the machine.

8)