Re: uml on sarge

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 07:11:21AM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:11:21 +0530
> From: Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: uml on sarge
>
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 05:55 am, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 February 2005 04:04 am, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> > > Hi.
> >
> > I'm done with the booting part now.. I'm able to boot.
> > I'm also able to do basic "System Checkup".
> >
> > I'm just struggling with the networking part now :-(
> >
> > Can you be of help ?
> >

> Finally I got the network also browsable :-)

  Great. I use tuntap device as eth device, but you should belong to
group uml-net and uml modules should be available inside uml.

  What I suggest you, is to comiple your own host kernel with skas3
patch applied. Me and another person on the list had a strange uml
lockups when running on simple kernel. BTW search list archive, I've
posted about my experience using sarge installer inside uml to make root
image. there's network part also and some useful links.

  Best wishes

--
Alexei Chetroi

Smile... Tomorrow will be worse. (c) Murphy's Law