Re: Setting up Exim... the basics

SigmaX wrote:
Hey;
   The buisness I share bandwidth with wants me to set up a POP3 mail
server for them, since they need one in front of their firewall and
don't want to setup another server for it.  I have my server at home for
the moment (For the purpose of switching it from FreeBSD to Debian this
weekend {Need XSP, FreeBSD no-go}) and want to get started setting up an
MTA.  I have Sarge on it, and it already has Exim installed.
   Now, realize, I know nothing about mail servers.  I have a vague
image of MTA's recieving mail and distributing it, and sending mail to
eachother via SMTP.  That's about it.
   So basically I need a good, step-by-step howto that'll tell me how to
setup Exim with accounts for most of the 50+ employees, with access via
POP.  Sounds like a great Saturday-night activity for a newbie, huh? :-P.

      Any help?
         Thanx,
            SigmaX

If you are amenable to using Postfix instead of Exim, then try this:

http://wiki.ev-15.com/debian:mail_system

-Roberto

P.S.  I personally prefer Postfix.  It is very flexible, well documented
and their postfix-users mailing list is extremely helpful.

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr