Re: Firefox downloads using DOS line-endings?

Miles Bader wrote:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a firefox problem, or a gmail problem, but:

When I receive an email attachment of type "text/x-patch" in gmail,
gmail will show a "download" button.  Clicking on it lets me save to a
file (firefox seems to know about this mime type because the "what
should I do" dialog box describes it as "PATCH file").

However, the downloaded file -- though basically correct -- ends up with
DOS line endings, despite the original mail message having normal line
endings!  I can fix this easily enough, but it's annoying.

So.... anybody have an idea where I should report this bug?

Thanks,

-Miles

I suspect it is a gmail problem because I have seen funny gmail behavior, I have not seen funny firefox download behavior. Maybe this is different because it was not an attachment. But I had a message from someone I had successfully received messages from before. But in gmail it simply offered me a "noname" download link and would not display the text. When I POP in Thunderbird the message is displayed fine. And indicates no attachment.
So that is my suggestion to you, don't download it, POP it.
And let me know if you figure anything else out.

and, 'Report a Technical Issue' here:
https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_bugs?referrer=bugflow

(make sure you are logged in first or I am sure you will get bounced an never find your way back, grrrr)