Re: getting a KDE desktop after install, not Gnome

On Friday 25 February 2005 07:13 pm, B. L. Jilek wrote:

> "update-alternatives --config x-session-manager" as root will allow you
> to set the system default.

I will put that in my notes, for future reference.

> You should also be able to select the session type in kdm.  You can run
> any window manager/environment from either kdm or gdm.

I am aware that I can use either kdm or gdm for almost any WM or desktop, but
with some Debian derivatives, not all the KDE features will work if kdm is
not used.  I am not sure whether this is the case with Debian, perhaps it is
only true with Xandros.

thanks

--

8)