Re: Problem with Installation

Uday Chettiar wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.. I'm sorry I didn't mention the version I was trying to install.. I'm using Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 rev 4.. I'll try out the suggestions you provided.. I hope it will help things fall into the right place..

If you want to stick with debian/stable; you could

a) use the 2.4 series kernel to boot (recommended) - rather than hitting enter, type 'bf24' then enter
b) install woody using the sarge installer (not well tested)