Re: help on-line radio (mozilla real plugin)

On Feb 25, 2005 at 03:04:10AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 09:43 +0100, Alberto Bert wrote:
> > On Feb 24, 2005 at 05:21:29PM +0100, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> > > En/La Alberto Bert ha escrit, a 24/02/05 14:59:

> > > able to

> > > Hi Alberto,
> > > I'm listening to a nice blues track on WBGO as I write this. Thanks for
> > > the link. I'm running Debian Sarge and using Firefox. The plugin is
> > > real10 for linux. I haven't had much luck with the xine plugin on
> > > ra-streams. Try reinstalling the realplayer plugin and you should be
> > > listening to your jazz programmes before you can whistle Straight, no
> > > chaser.
> >
> > In fact I already tryed to re-install real10, by downloading it from
> > their site (I couldn't find a debian package). RealP. works in general,
> > but not as plugin... I guess I should de-install xine, but in that case
> > I will not be able to listen many other radios using different
> > formats...
> >
> > I started with real10 only, then I was forced to install xine for
> > listening wmp radios, but at that point xine didn't let real play any
> > more rpm files. Normaly xine works perfectly on rpm, but not in for that
> > radio :-(
>
> RP10 works fine for me as a Mozilla plugin.
>
> Note, though, what's in my /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins :
>
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so ->
>           /usr/local/bin/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nphelix.xpt ->
>           /usr/local/bin/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt

Yes, it's like my case, but I think it's xine that is catching the real
format. The realp. plugin is not running at all with mozilla,
since I installed gxine :-(

BUT,

I just installed firefox, which has no likns to xine in its plugin
directory, so it's using realp. only.

To make it short, I'm now able to listen to my radio using firefox-realpayer.

In any case I would be curious to know if it's normal (something like a
problem of interaction between plugins in mozilla) or if it's just me
not being able to deal with mozilla options...

Thanks to all,
ciao
Alberto