Re: Monitor power down with VESA driver

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 14:16 -0800, Gerard J. Cerchio wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anybody got the trick of having the VESA driver power down the monitor?
>
> I have a IBM A31p with ati driver and screen power off works fine.
>
> With the VESA driver on another machine even "xset dpms force off" only
> has the screen blink off then turn right back on.

Sure.

Here are the relevant portions of my XF86Config-4:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Generic Video Card"
    Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "GatewayVX1120GWY"
    HorizSync   30-120
    VertRefresh 50-160
    Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our
children's children, because I don't think children should be
having sex."
Jack Handey