Re: ssh cannot login

Hi Nelson!

> It works... I'll move on to do something else.
>
> I just wonder what I'm doing wrong. As I've read, "UsePAM yes"
> in sshd_config should be enough in Sarge to get password logins.
> And it works in my UML host...
Usually, this works. But the PAM configuration is a very complex system (to
my taste), and as your sshd is _segfaulting_ while reading through all the
PAM directives that apply to it, I guess there's something really wrong in
there. Maybe it's as easy as a typo in the name of the shared library that's
meant to take care of the auth process, maybe it's something really tricky.
;)

> http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/Week-of-Mon-20041025/028579.html
Yep, to disable keyboard-interactive altogether you have to switch it off
internally for sshd (PasswordAuthentication No) and make sure that PAM
doesn't allow it again (UsePAM No, or fix PAM's config so that you're sure
it doesn't). Activating either one again should bring keyboard-interactive
back to life... if you're interested, we can investigate the whole PAM thing
more closely.

> Well...
>
> Thanks :)
Glad I could help. :)

Jan

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl