Re: Need Help W/ DNS Server

Hal Vaughan wrote:

So it would be a good idea to change ALL the files to go in /etc/bind, right?

Should also note that in my named.conf file (the standard zones) and
named.conf.local (zones I am controlling from my nameserver) are
referenced by the full path , e.g.

zone "localhost" {
       type master;
       file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};

Okay, that's an easy change to make. I am so burned out I can barely follow what you're saying, so I'll make these changes after a nap.

The full path is definitely a good idea, but, I'm still worried about the 'distros way' of doing things, if you make these changes, then a month from now you upgrade the distro everything might be broken again.

--

Have a great day...

John Cichy
813-335-2505 (Cell)