Re: zsnes, 'contrib'?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:52:17AM -0500, Michael Appleman wrote:
> I searched the package database on debian.org and saw a package for
> zsnes, so i went and tried to install it with apt-get and it said it
> wasn't found. I've found this is because it is a 'contrib' package,
> but I have been unable to find out how to install contrib packages.
> Could someone explain it for me or direct me to a how to in the
> documentation or something like that? Thanks. I tried browsing through
> the documentation but i'm not really sure what I am looking for so
> that wasn't much help.
>
> PS. oh yeah, I'm using sarge.
Hi Michael,
from release to release, things are dropped for reasons like no
mintainer or license issues. I would guess that is what may have
happended here (but I havent checked). One note about contrib: things
that are DFSG-free go into main, things that are not, either dont go in
or go into non-free. Contrib is for dfsg software that DEPENDS upon
non-free software.
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||