Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

John wrote:
Bottom line is that I was told today that most people online today use IE. I just wonder how they would react if a even a portion of the Debian community contacted them, then refused to sign up because IE was the only option.

Well,
starting from Jul 2004, following the well known string of IE related security incidents, the share of IE users has shrinked frm the previous 9% or so.

The best estimates nowadays bring gecko based browsers somewhere around 25% at least and I would bet that that will go up until MS does something a bit more radical than patching IE6 :)

So those guys are losing a potential 25% of their customer base.

Should they care ? If they have competition they sure would.

This is a sign of stupidly incompetent web coders ...

Bob