Re: CUPS doesn't see USB printer after being offline 2 weeks

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:15:31AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > CUPS.  I have not had problems before from turning the printer off, and
> > there is no indication that the USB modules have any problems with it.
>
> Please excuse me the dumb question, but did you try to enable the printer
> back in the CUPS interface?

It still shows up in the interface, which is where that error message
originates, but CUPS refuses to allow me to change anything, despite my
logging in as root under the administrative label.

This also happens if I (as root) initiate Firefox and the resulting
localhost:631 out of a terminal window.

The problem appears to be a permissions thing, which I hardly
understand being root at that point.  I get a message about not having
permission to access those pages.

Sorry I didn't include that in the original post.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,