Re: ati radeon 9000

On Saturday 19 February 2005 19:24, Colin wrote:
> Mitja wrote:
> > Installation of Sarge from DVD was O.K. but now i have a problem with
> > xserver.
> > It is possible to configure an ATI Radeon 9000 card? My monitor is
> > ViewSonic P75f+ and i cannot start Gnome.
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> Now if you want a more useful answer, please describe the problem you're
> having with your X server in more detail (error messages, erroneous
> behavior).  FYI, the Driver option in the Device section should be set to
> "radeon".  According to the ViewSonic website, the horizontal frequency
> should be set to "30-97" and the vertical frequency should be set to
> "50-160".

Thank you for help. I have now:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon 9000 Pro (RV250 If)"
	Driver		"ati"
	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"P75f+"
	HorizSync	30-97
	VertRefresh	50-160
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon 9000 Pro (RV250 If)"
	Monitor		"P75f+"

...and it works.