scsi Hard drive not found during installation

Hi,

I am a newbie to debian though I have some experience in using Redhat.

I am trying to install debian on my old machine that has a Quantum
XP39100W SCSI hard drive. The controller is an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra

I downloaded the isos and using the cd, i tried to install. But as
soon as I get into the installation menu, I cannot see the hard drives
at all. I get the error message similar to "No hard drives" whenever I
try any menu-option such as "view the partition table" or "format the
hard drive" or "mount an exisiitng linux partition" and so on...

I have Red hat running on it currently and there's nothing worng in
the system since I am easily able to install redhat on it again. The
CD also is fine since I was able to install debian on a different
machine...

I tried giving a few options to the boot such as irq etc., but since I
couldnt ifnd anything appropriate for my hardware, I got to the same
situation. Can someone please tell me how can I install debian on this
machine.

Thanks,
Manudath