LTModem and kernel 2.6.7-1-k7

My old (ancient) system, which I was using strictly as a gateway (since it had the ISA HW modem in it) seems to have died.  This leaves me without internet access on my desktop.  I am currently using my laptop, running Windoze to post this.

I pulled an LT Winmodem from another dead box (I have too many of these) lying around the house.  I thought that I could get it working without too much difficulty, since I got the LT modem in this laptop running under Linux without too much difficulty, IIRC.

My problem seems to be in finding a binary driver to match my kernel.  As the subject says, I am running a stock Debian 2.6.7-1-k7 kernel.  I can find binary packages for many kernels, but not 2.6.7-1-k7, or 2.4.24 (which is the old kernel, still in lilo).  Have I missed a Debian package, or any other binary package for this driver?  I need a binary package since my desktop does not have kernel headers installed, which I would need to compile the driver, and I can not install the headers, since I don't have a working modem on the box.

--
Marc Shapiro