Re: OT: tax filing from a Linux system

Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> (Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:51:40 -0500) writes:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:07:38 +0100, Christophe Broult <cbroult@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I had been using Turbo Tax in the past from a Windows PC. Now since I
>> only have my Debian Linux system and Turbo Tax for the Web does not
>> support Linux, I am wondering which vendors people on the list have
>> been using.
>
> Unless something's changed this year, TurboTax on the web works just
> fine with Linux.  I've used it the last several years without any
> difficulty.  It may not support all _browsers_; I've used Netscape in
> the past.  My bank, by the way, claims not to support Mozilla-Firefox
> for billpaying, but if I use the User Agent Switcher to make Firefox
> appear to be Netscape, it works just fine.  Maybe the same will prove
> to be the case with TurboTax.

I tried to use Mozilla, Firefox and Opera to no avail. Then I did a
search on the Turbo Tax Help Center and they explicitly state that
Linux is not supported.

I have been using H&R Block and I had to switch to Opera to get some
pop up to display properly so I could view some additional
information.

Thank you for those answers,

Christophe

--
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charles Chaplin