Re: Netstat script?

On Saturday 19 February 2005 02:52, Rus Foster wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, SigmaX wrote:
>> I know nothing about scripting, but I want to write/obtain a
>> script that displays the results of the command "netstat -a | grep
>> tcp", then clears the screen and does so again a few seconds
>> later.  Else I just need a program that does something similar in
>> the console, so I can view it over SSH.
>
>A very simple one for this
>
>#!/bin/bash
>
>while [ 1 ] ; do
>
>   netstat -a | grep tcp
>   sleep 1 # This is number of seconds
>   clear
>
>done
>
>That should do what you want on a very basic level
>
>Rus

This one, after the first iteration, changes only that data which is
changed, with no screen flickers etc here.
----------
#!/bin/bash
reset
while [ 1 ] ; do

   netstat -a | grep tcp
   reset
   sleep 5 # This is number of seconds

done

If you want to see the cursor move from bottom to top, trade the reset
and sleep commands around, giving some indication that its actually
running when watching a quiet system.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)