Re: Any tcp experts out there who can help me understand

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:28:27 +0000, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> However, this is consistent and does not appear to be related to lost packets.
> I have had ethereal sitting on both machines on the network and always see
> all the packets.
>
> I have set this up again this evening, and I get exactly the same result.
> With Konqueror/Linux I get the DUP ACK, with IE/Win98 I do not.

Are you sure that no packets are being dropped?  Is Linux perhaps more
aggressive in expanding the send window, or does Konqueror try to
start more simultaneous TCP connections than IE?

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh