Re: slew of kbuildsycoca warnings

On 02/18/2005 06:50 AM, Bob Alexander wrote:
I am trying to setup an hybrid GNOME/KDE applications environment.

When I launch konqueror from a console I get a ton of warning such as:

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'OpenOffice.org1.1/writer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-doc'

should I worries ?

could I fixies ?

TIA,
Bob

Hi Bob,

I get the same thing, for the same reason, and I kick myself then for opening konqueror in my favorite terminal window. :)

No worries, though. I believe it's just kde trying to take over your environment, just like launching nautilus does for gnome. ;)

Konq seems to work fine for the few times I need it.

I use mc for a file manager, or xfe when I need something more graphical.

I use openbox wm, gdm, gnome-settings-daemon, and fspanel to give me a useful desktop environment w/o useless overhead. Firefox, thunderbird, gaim, xscreensaver, etc all work just fine.

Regards,
Ralph