Re: Changing Xterm's Configuration

On 02/17/05 22:00:33, Thomas Adam wrote:

You probably didn't run:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

After you edited ~/.Xdefaults.  Indeed there are external programs to
change how Xterm works:

xtermset
xtermcontrol

are two such programs -- but enabling options in ~/.Xdefaults ought to
do
it, assuming you remerge the Xdefaults database back in....

-- Thomas Adam

Thomas and Larry,

Many thanks for the prompt replies. I think we've identified the problem alright. Oddly in Gentoo and Arch, I've never taken that additional step, didn't have to which is a little odd in its own right, I suppose. Debian is really quite unique in how it handles a great many things. I've certainly learned this lesson as I've moved forward with Sarge.

Thanks again for the help.

jlowell