Re: Changing Xterm's Configuration

 --- John Lowell <johnlowell@ameritech.net> wrote:

> creating and editing an ~/.Xdefaults, my xterminal seems impervious to
> positive alteration. I can change -fg to black from white after having
> selected -bg gray, for example, and nothing at all happens. What am I
> missing here?

You probably didn't run:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

After you edited ~/.Xdefaults.  Indeed there are external programs to
change how Xterm works:

xtermset
xtermcontrol

are two such programs -- but enabling options in ~/.Xdefaults ought to do
it, assuming you remerge the Xdefaults database back in....

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"