Re: Help Me Regarding SSL

If you are installing strictly from a source package there shouldn't be
any problems. Usually with newer versions of libraries the library will
be given the newer version number so it won't conflict with the existing
libraries.

Another option would be to download the source packages from testing or
unstable and build a deb package from them, then you can still manage
the system via apt and dpkg. But it's certainly eaiser to install just
the source package.