Re: KDE, GNOME, too intrusive for me !! Any alternatives ?

%% Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> writes:

  ba> What about my "fear" that things overlapping with acpi, sound,
  ba> hotplug etc might kick in unwanted ? :)

FVWM is a window manager, full stop.  It doesn't do ACPI, screensavers,
sound, hotplug, or anything else like that.

It manages your windows... that's all.

If you want something with a little bit of bang you can apt-get
fvwm-icons and fvwm-themes (and fvwm-themes-extra).  These give you some
icons and pre-built themes.  It's a little tricky getting used to the
themes engine (anyway I found it to be) but it's very powerful: you can
pick and choose all sorts of different parts of different themes and use
them together, plus customize them yourself of course.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools