Re: using debian sarge installation cd as a rescue disk

Frederico Rodrigues Abraham wrote:
    Hi. I've recently installed windows on a partition and lost GRUB on my mbr.
    Is there any way to use the debian sarge cd as a rescue disk so i
can run grub-install ?
    Thanks
    -- Fred

I don't think you can use the debian sarge cd as a rescue disk plain and simple. I.e. from the initial menu run something like "linux root=...". You were offered several other solutions. I prefer using Lilo's mkrescue. But I changed that (it's a script) to offer on the menu all other versions of the particular installation you are rescuing. But that's Lilo, not grub. I still think Lilo does the job quite well and see no reason to change.

H.