Re: how do I dowload my mail from a remote server??

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 05:19:20PM -0600, Eduard Breuer wrote:
> {inet}-austrialpinusa.com (1)---{inet}----- @sajo (2)
>
> (1) is a server that keeps my mail and www...etc
> (2) is my linux box (NO GUI!!!-NO Xwin) conected online via cable company.
>
> I have  Pine up and running
> I have fetchmail configured
> I also have exim... this does not work properly.
>
> Now here is the problem, even that I have all this I open my  pine and
> nothing,,,,
> on top of all I get an error message that  is sent by my cron  to my
> mail server (1) from linux box(2) that it can not open /etc/aliases file
> Do I really need exim or sendmail or anything else if I have fetchmail?

If you only read mail and don't send mail then fetchmail is enough. So
you may want to concentrate on getting that to work and forget about
sendmail/exim for a while.

> poll austrialpinusa.com user "pedro@austrialpinusa.com" there is pedro here

Try
pedro\@austrialpinusa.com
or
"pedro\@austrialpinusa.com"

Since '@' is a special character it might just help. It can't hurt to
try.

The config files you attached can help, but any literal error messages
that you get would be handy as well.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill