mirrors not reachable

I'm trying to keep my debian updated over dialup by fetching packages overnight. Unfortunately, I keep experiencing failures with messages such as:

  Connection timed out [IP: 128.101.80.133 80]

  Temporary failure resolving 'ftp.au.debian.org'

Cannot initiate the connection to ftp.us.debian.org:80 (35.9.37.225). - connect (101 Network is unreachable)

With results like this:

Fetched 28.3kB in 3h37m47s (2B/s)

Obviously, I'm not making much progress.

I've tried picking 2 mirrors on opposite sides of the planet (ftp.us and ftp.au) thinking one would be available if the other were syncing, but this isn't working either.

Anyone know of mirrors that stay open overnight (US time)?

paul