Re: Segmentation fault (df)

vijaya@picopeta.com wrote:

its an ext2 partition only one / partition and its a debian machine.
i dont want to install it coz its a server ..everything else works fine
except thsi command
You could try installing electric-fence, and running

strace LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libefence.so.0.0 df

...which would ensure the segfault was right next to the call that caused it. Also, 'ltrace' does a similar thing to strace but prints out library calls rather than system calls.

[I'm sure I've seen this recently - try searching the debian-user archives, maybe it came up here before]