Re: 2nd cpu detection error

Hello,

I've isntalled the smp image but still can't detect the 2nd cpu. Is there some tuning that should be done to enable the 2nd processor or that should be done automatically?

Rgds,
Amira.

Christopher Pharo Glæserud <glaserud-debuser@orakel.ntnu.no> wrote:
Amira Youssef,

> In fact I 'm new to the linux world. I've 2 xeon processors.
> Do u think kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686-smp that support PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/PIV will be OK?

Probably. If you let your old kernel co-exist with the new one, you can
always boot the old one if this kernel doesn't work.

--
regards,

Christopher Pharo Glæserud