RE: using debian sarge installation cd as a rescue disk

You should be able to make a grub floppy anytime where you have a
running debian machine.

I have not used rescue mode under debian for a long while (years),
probably version 2.0 or something.

>From what I recall,

Run rescue with the boot partition specified in the command line, then
run grub and issue these (or similar) commands,

root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
quit

My personal experience with grub is I think it is crap, I prefer Lilo as
its easier to understand and fix. Grub maybe more "advanced" but all it
needs to do is boot ffs, so why complicate life?

I think "neat" has got in the way of "easy", KISS, keep it simple and
stupid....

regards

thing