Re: 64 bits questions...

On (13/02/05 15:55), Manu wrote:
> I will join the mailing list for sure.
>
> I was just checking and I am too familiar with chroot.
> does that mean that without rebooting I can switch
> from 32 to 64 bits or emulate 32 bits at need?
Yes indeed it does.  Although I installed a 32 bit sarge system first,
that was just in case the 64bit installed failed.   I haven't used it
because the 64 bit systems works fine and most packages have been
ported.  I do however, have a chroot 32bit-sid system installed within
/var as recommended in the howto, to run open office - this works well.
The only downside is you can only open ooWriter and ooCalc files from
the application; you can't just double click on them - a small price to
pay for a blistering system.

Have fun

Clive