Re: My fonts look strange

Apparently, _Ben Stoker_, on 12/02/05 23:32,typed:
I am sorry if this is vague, but I am a relative newbie and don't really have any idea what the
problem could be.

Basically, I installed Sarge a few weeks ago on my PC and it all runs great except the fonts look
horrible.  Specifically, the Luxi fonts (which I installed with the ttf-xfree86-nonfree package)
look really ugly, and the Bitstream Vera fonts look way too big (somewhere between 1 and 2 pts).

I have mostly resolved the problem with the Bitstream fonts by setting the font size much smaller
in the GNOME preferences and always running gnome-settings-daemon (for GTK+2 apps) and by setting
the font size much smaller in the KDE preferences (for Qt apps).  However, it's still a problem
whenever I want to use those fonts, for example, in a word processor.  And the Luxi fonts are just
completely unusable.

Ideas?